The Department has been established in 1969. It is a sort of composite department. Along with M.A. and PhD in Linguistics, it offers certificate, diploma and advance diploma courses in Foreign and Indian Languages. It is the only department of the university which runs classes in the evening hours. The department has a fully equipped computer language lab.
- PhD in Linguistics
- M.A. in Linguistics
- Certificate, Diploma & Advance Diploma courses in French, English, Russian & German
- Certificate, Junior Diploma & Higher Diploma in Telugu, Urdu & Bengali
- PhD Linguistics - NET/PET, RTMNU
- M.A. Linguistics - CAP, RTMNU
- Certificate courses - Merit basis
Shailendra Kumar PhD in Linguistics (BHU) Head & Assistant Professor Research Interests: Computational Linguistics, Semantics & Language Pedagogy
Research Activities / Specialization
- The linguistic analysis of the language / dialects, of tribal and the other, are undertaken.
- Socio-linguistic and dialectological mapping of languages, area and literary works.
- Project “Building of an Android Based Computational Linguistics Dictionary (English-Hindi)” under University Research Scheme, RTMNU (ongoing)
First Floor, Department of Linguistics, Foreign & Indian Languages Dr. V.B. Kolte RTM Nagpur University Library, Ramdaspeth, Nagpur PIN-440010, Maharashtra State, INDIA Email ID: [email protected]